AWEA VP series bridge type machining center
AWEA are the biggest international bridge type machining center manufacturer in Taiwan and have the largest market share of this business at 70%.
AWEA machines are in use by world leading companies: such as, FORD, NISSAN, TOYOTA & BOEING (and their first five sub contractors) etc.
Bridge type VMC (VP, SP/LP, VP/SP-HSS, HVM):
1. Rugged machine structure:
- A. The thick casting wall and reinforcement ribs give unsurpassed rigidity, and prevents any bending or twisting.
- B. The single one piece of column and bridge casting is made by GC-275 Meehanite casting. The column is bolted to the machine bed to ensure the accuracy, alignment, squareness and rigidity.
2. Optimum symmetrical loading spindle system:
- A. The counter balance system of the headstock consists of two hydraulic cylinders to balance the distribution of the headstock weight perfectly. The twin hydraulic cylinders are symmetrically placed to ensure the equal loading, and maintain the sensitivity and accuracy on the cutting area.
- B. The floating hydraulic cylinder keeps the spindle bearing from being pushed during tool change cycle and assures long-term accuracy and spindle life.
- C. The spindle has large angular ball bearings to give power transmission efficiency to the spindle nose and heavy duty machining.
- D. The spindle temperature kept by the oil circulating heat exchanger ensures constant spindle temperature, so the heat generation and spindle expansion can be reduced, even during high speed and long-time continuous using.
- A. Awea’s ATC is one of the fastest magazine among the class of Bridge type machines. The tool-to-tool changing time is 8 seconds.
- B. The automatic tool magazine door protects tools from coolant, chips and dust while changing.
- C. The special-designed lock pin device on the swing arm prevents gripper failure when the arm rotates.
- D. The unique hydro-pneumatic cylinder limits the strength properly and prevents damage. The additional foot-release device is convenient for the operator to exchange tool manually.
- A. The rapid traverse rate is up to 20m / min. The special heavy-duty high-precision linear guideway for X, Y axes have low frictional coefficient as 0.003 – 0.005, which provides high accuracy for long-time using.
- B. The customer-oriented safety device on all feed systems protects the machine from damages caused by any accident, incorrect programming or operating error.
- C. The unique torque limit clutches protect the machine from damage that caused by spindle head interference, so normal operation can be quickly restored after disorders have been fixed.
5. Optional heads applications:
- A. Awea’s own develop and manufacture, the optional convertible heads to optimize to the high efficiency and high performance.
- B. The Awea-patent optional heads can be picked up programmable, index position manually, creating more working capacity. All the advanced functions of Awea machines are designed to provide optimized performance at every job shop.
To Know More about AWEA VP Series Bridge Type Machining Center Please click here