IRS Axle orders have three components.
- Axle (Full or Half Axles)
- Fitting Kit (Standard or Marine)
- Brake Type (Hubs, disc, electrics, calipers, etc)
- Add the three components together and you have your complete axle. You will also need U bolt kits.
If you wish to order an IRS suspension there are three basic measurements I need.
- Inside dimension of your chassis rail.
- Outside dimension of your chassis rail.
- Wheel offset. (Measurement from inside rim where studs go through the rim to the outside of the rubber of your wheel.)
Then I only need to know how you wish to bolt your IRS to your axle and we are ready to order.
Featured on over 10 million caravans and trailers around the world, the AL-KO I.R.S. axle system is now the benchmark for fully independent trailer suspension. The trend to independent suspension first revolutionised the passenger car, then four wheel drives and is now the choice for trailers too.
The AL-KO I.R.S. axle uses simple and effective engineering. The hexagonal axle tube houses three rubber elements held in place by a triple fluted inner tube. Suspension movement between bump and rebound compresses the rubber elements thus providing dampening of road shocks.
The AL-KO I.R.S. axle has been proven in tough Australian conditions – from dirt tracks to fast freeways, from mountain tracks to desert highways. The demands of marine trailer towing, with the additional affect of salt water, are also met with the AL-KO I.R.S. system.
Conventional suspension componentry can suffer on Australian roads leading to instability and dangerous snaking under heavy loads. AL-KO’s remarkable I.R.S. system makes towing instability a thing of the past.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Some of the features and benefits of the AL-KO I.R.S. are listed below:
- Suitable for all types of trailer construction
- Independent suspension
- Inherent dampening reduces suspension rebound
- Absorbs shocks, provides better control for more safety
- Fewer moving parts to wear, i.e. no springs or shackle bolts
- Withstands 312 times its rating at shock load
- Available in single, tandem & tri-axle
- Each axle tested for toe-in and camber
- Galvanised / zinc plated
- Easy fitting
- Backed by international company
- Made in Australia for Australian conditions
- Corrosion resistant for marine applications
- Digital testing for optimum load rating
- Can be fitted with different types of brakes
- Robust “off road” model available
To Know More about Axles - Irs Please click here