BARRIER BOOM DESCRIPTION:
The Barrier Boom is constructed from non-woven geo-textile material filled with C.I.Agent Granules, a proprietary blend of USDA food-grade polymers, and backed with Agent-X, a non-woven geo-textile material with C.I.Agent embedded within the fabric. C.I.Agent Barrier Boom has become the accepted solution for SPCC secondary containment by professional engineers across the nation.
BARRIER BOOM APPLICATIONS:
C.I.Agent Barrier Boom is the ideal solution for providing secondary containment as required by 40 CFR 112, SPCC. C.I.Agent Barrier Boom has been installed and PE Certified more than 4,000 times over the last five years in substations for the electric utility industry. Other applications for secondary containment with C.I.Agent Barrier Boom include pad-mounted transformers, oil-filled equipment storage areas, bulk fuel and oil storage areas — all without the use of concrete walls, sump pumps, and oil-water separator systems.
BARRIER BOOM PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS:
- Hydrocarbon flow rate: 0 GPM (100% containment)
- Solidifies approximately a half gallon of oil per square foot depending on its viscosity.
- Service life of installed produce: Up to 200 years
BARRIER BOOM BENEFITS:
- Ease of installation: typically completed in one day.
- No special tools required.
- Equipment remains fully energized.
- No monitoring or maintenance required.
- Eliminates the need for concrete walls, sump pump systems, and oil-water separators.
- Reduces containment cost by 50% to 80% (on average).
- Can be disposed of in most landfills, eliminating the fees associated with hazardous waste disposal.
BARRIER BOOM AVAILABILITY:
C.I.Agent Barrier Boom is manufactured to the specific requirements of the containment site. In most cases the C.I.Agent Barrier Boom can be delivered within two weeks from date of the order.