Fast Initial Screening For Basin Potential
In as little as a few minutes (for experienced users) to under two hours, IHS Basin Monitors allows you to review critical petroleum system concepts and selected E&P metrics of a single basin, lending confidence to your initial risk /reward assessment of farm-in or bid-round opportunities.
Consistently formatted for easy reference, Basin Monitors place basin commercial in context and can save you weeks of gathering published geological data.
Each Basin Monitor contains between 80 and 150 pages of detailed analysis and summaries written by experienced basin experts. Other features include up-to-the-minute plots and statistics drawn from the IHS comprehensive E&P Database.
Content includes key play concepts, exploration successes and failures, and successful or unsuccessful technology approaches. Reports also include the latest statistics to provide metrics for benchmarking the basin's exploration attractiveness: For example: 2D and 3D seismic density, exploration well drilling density, and area's under contract.
Basin Monitor Contents
- Petroleum system description and assessment, including extensive maps and diagrams;
- Key plays, with estimated reserves potential;
- E&P historical summary, covering operators, play concept successes and failures, and required technologies;
- Up-to-the-minute charts of selected E&P statistics, such as seismic coverage by year and field size distribution, providing metrics to measure basin maturity, or compare your company's minimum field size requirements;
- Extensive bibliography;
- Consistent report format.