In cases of power shortages in locomotives and rail traffic these batteries provide control of the voltage and sustain the safety equipment, emergency lighting and air conditioning. Additionally the lead acid batteries guarantee the ability to restart diesel locomotives and diesel run coaches.
Solutions through usage of acid batteries in rail traffic:
BAE is a manufacturer of lead acid batteries for usage by the rail traffic industry. The product fulfils the needs of short- and long distance trains, locomotives, high-speed trains and trams. Usually the batteries are built into battery trays or cradles. We can arrange and adjust sizes in accordance with our customer's wishes.
Usage of acid batteries in various technologies for rail traffic:
- The product range of BAE includes traditional lead acid batteries of the type PzS and gel batteries with fixed electrolytes of the type VRLA.
- In the railway business this concerns the issue of partcyclic burden with various depth of discharge.
- The life span of the battery differs for each individual case.
- PzS batteries deliver the required energy for 4 – 8 years.
- The VRLA batteries generally reach a typical life span of 3 – 6 years.
- The VRLA batteries are applied under strongly variation temperature conditions. The constant environment temperature can be up to 45 degrees Celsius. In the winter or in colder climates the batteries remain functional at temperatures of minus 20 degrees Celsius.