Features of the SE400 Battery Management System:
- The system is ideal for long-term storage of batteries.
- Batteries are drained, recharged and conditioned automatically from a single powerpoint.
- The GBCO now detects battery charge level when a battery is installed or after the unit is powered up.
- When a highly charged battery is encountered, the GBCO applies only a short post-trickle charge, rather than a full charge cycle. This dramatically reduces the time for a fully laden GBCO to fully recover after a power interruption – from about 6 days to about 8-12 hours.
- An integrated self-test has been added to assist with technical support.
- The GBCO now rejects faulty batteries that cannot be charged, and will report an error. However, the BC4 should be used to fully assess battery condition.
- An audible alarm has been added to augment the visual warnings.
- Future firmware upgrades and new features can now be implemented without dismantling the GBCO.
- Current-management, power connections and ventilation have been improved to further enhance reliability. Current-monitoring features have been added to enhance the already high levels of fail-safety.