For tractors between 220 and 350 HP, FAE offers the choice of mounting a UMH/S forestry mulcher equipped with hydraulic couplings, they allow the split between the two transmissions: the one of the tractor and the other of the mulcher.
What are the benefits?
- It frees engine during heavy starts: during heavy starts and sudden running load increases, tractors engine is prevented from lugging.
- It provides smooth drive: mechanical connection is eliminated; power and torque are transmitted entirely through mass and velocity of fluid.
- It prevents transmission of shock loads: the coupling protects both driving and driven equipment by smoothing out shock loads and preventing them from striking solid resistance.
- Reduction of fuel consumption: the tractor's diesel engine runs at very smooth and steady speed because all the power surges are absorbed by the hydrodynamic coupling.
- Major protection of the tractor,
- Decreased stress for the tractor- and the mulcher- transmissions which are separate,
- Low maintenance,
- Higher productivity.
For more information about this option please contact us