The BITE 3 measures cell impedance, an internal ohmic test, cell voltage, intercell connection resistance and ripple current. And, for the first time in a battery instrument, the BITE 3 measures float current and harmonic content of the ripple current. There is even a built-in spectrum analyzer to show the harmonic content of the ripple current. It has firmware that can be upgraded through the Internet and supports multiple languages.
- Determines health of lead-acid cells up to 2000 Ah
- On-line testing with Pass / Warning / Fail calculations
- Measures impedance, interconnection resistance and cell voltage
- Windows CE operating system with 32 MB of memory
- Measures float and ripple currents
- Includes ProActiv™ Database Management Software
The BITE 3 is one of the easiest instruments to use. Its measurements, along with temperature, specific gravity and other battery data, can provide the best basis for evaluating the overall health of batteries from terminal plate to terminal plate and to a lesser extent, the charger (from ripple current and its harmonic content.) Megger recommends that the BITE 3 be made part of a comprehensive battery maintenance program with readings taken and recorded semi-annually for flooded, lead-acid cells and quarterly for VRLA.