A black-brown water based dispersions of bitumen and modifiers, which dry to a black, flexible and water insoluble coating. Bitkote No. 3 is suitable for general purpose repair and protection.
Uses of Bitkote No. 3 Bitumen Compound:
- Sealing of most timber, metal, brick, concrete and cement sheeting surfaces against water entry.
- As a waterproofer to concrete water storage tanks, ponds etc.
- Waterproofing of shower recesses when used in conjunction with fibreglass matting.
Features & Benefits of Bitkote No. 3 Bitumen Compound:
- Cold applied, easy to use, and easy to clean up in cold water, reduces time and equipment required to do the job.
- When dry, Bitkote No. 3 has good resistance to water, alcohol, animal wastes, most dilute salt, acid and alkali solutions to last longer in demanding conditions.
- Bitkote No. 3 is water based, odour free, non-flammable and non-toxic.
- Will not taint water if fully cured before use, thus eliminating possible environmental hazards normally experienced with solvent based products.
- When dry, Bitkote No. 3 will not flow under heat or harden at normal temperatures, thus providing longer term protection from the Australian climate.
- In thick layers, Bitkote No. 3 is an excellent impact absorber, reducing sound and vibration e.g. on tin roofs.
- Bitkote No. 3 has been tested and approved by State Water Laboratory for Potable Water in accordance with AS 4020-1992.