Click here for pricing, features and benefits and to buy online
An injection moulded polarised lens, gray/green in colour, providing the ultimate in ‘comfort’ vision, soothing the eyes against harsh glare and bright sun. It also provides excellent depth and colour perception.
- Contrast - A revolutionary, coated gradient tint lens approved for use indoors. Designed to filter more than 30% of blue light (compared to a clear lens), which is a factor in eye fatigue and headaches. Also offers excellent colour recognition while improving depth perception and contrast.
- Gradient - Brown base, medium tint brown base lens, darker along the top to filter more of the harmful solar UV rays. For outdoor use
- Clear - A crystal clear lens. Approved for use indoors and coated with the ‘ALS’ anti fog anti scratch coating system on both sides.
- Amber - A high definition lens designed for use in low light situations. Approved for use indoors and coated with the ‘ALS’ anti fog anti scratch coating system on both sides.
- Smoke - Our standard smoke lens provides excellent protection against damaging UV rays and glare. Coated with the ‘ALS’ anti fog anti scratch coating system on both sides. Ideal for everyday, all purpose outdoor wear
- Bronze 20% - A neutral density brown lens that provides true colour definition by fighting glare and enhancing colour contrast. Coating with the ALS anti-fog/anti-scratch coating system on both sides. Ideal for all purpose outdoor wear.
- Smoke/silver flash 14% - Neutral density gray lens with a metallic silver mirror finish designed to reflect harmful solar rays before they enter the lens. Provides true colour definition. Ideal for everyday, all purpose outdoor wear.
- Light smoke/silver flash 29% - Medium tint gray lens. Silver metallic finish. For everyday, all purpose outdoor wear.
- Ultra light smoke/silver flash 40% - Ultra light smoke (brown base) with a silver metallic finish. For low light, outdoor applications.
- Smoke/blue flash 15% - Neutral density gray lens with a metallic blue mirror finish designed to reflect harmful solar rays before they enter the lens. Provides true colour definition. Ideal for everyday, all purpose outdoor wear.
- Light smoke/blue flash 28% - Medium tint brown lens. Blue metallic finish. For everyday, all purpose outdoor wear.
- Ultra light brown smoke/blue flash 40% - High definition, light brown base lens for low light, outdoor use.
- Welding Shade 3 - Gas welding lens (light gas welding, brazing, furnace work-to 1210°C) offering infra red absorbtion. Approved to AS/NZS1338
- Welding Shade 5 - Gas welding lens (oxy welding & furnace work- to 1390°C) offering infra red absorbtion.
- Frames - Hydrated nylon (a Bollé invention) still forms the basis of the Bollé Safety range. It is lightweight and practically unbreakable. However, as technology evolves and improves, so does the selection at Bollé Safety.
The latest technical advance is the use of co-moulded materials. This allows us to use two materials, bonded together to further improve strength, fit and comfort.
We also offer all polycarbonate frames on our high volume lines, providing great strength while not compromising comfort.
All Bollé Safety spectacles offer maximum protection with the use of polycarbonate lenses. These lenses provide zero distortion optics and 100% UV protection, no matter what shade they are.
Our clear lenses, in particular, offer crystal clear viewing. So clear in fact, that you'll forget that you're wearing them!
Advanced Lens Shielding (ALS) offers the best of both worlds by being a combined anti-fog, anti-scratch coating that is used on both sides of the lens (clear, smoke and amber). Its excellent anti-fogging capabilities have been proven in the toughest environments while still maintaining a very high level of scratch resistance.
Cleaning an ALS coated lens is easy. Simply wash with soapy water and rinse clean!
*The use of alcohol based cleaning products/solutions on ALS coated lenses is not recommended as the coating may become damaged and deteriorate over time.
Does Bollé have an indoor/outdoor lens?
No. This is one of the great 'myths' in the safety eyewear industry. That is, a single, tinted lens which can be worn both indoors and outdoors and still meet the requirements of the Australian Standards for both areas. This is physically impossible under the current guidelines in AS/NZS1337:1992 and in the amendment No.2 (AS/NZS1337-07-05) Table 2.1. For a lens to meet the requirements of AS/NZS1337:1992 for 'indoor' use (or what is termed outdoor un-tinted in the Australian Standards documents) the lens must allow a minimum of 80% light transmission through (or not block any more than 20%). Currently only clear, amber and our 'Contrast' lenses are able to allow this amount of light through. No smoke or tinted lens currently available is capable of providing this level of transmission. Furthermore, to comply with the 'outdoor tinted' requirements of AS/NZS1337:1992, a tinted lens must allow no more than 50% light transmission.
Therefore there is a 30% light transmission min/max variance between the two requirements! The core philosophy at Bollé Safety is to manufacture and provide high quality, fashionable safety eyewear that meets the relevant standards and is affordable. The bulk of the range is priced between $10.00 and $30.00 per pair.
What's the difference between a Bollé lens and all of the others?
At Bollé Safety we use the highest quality polycarbonate for our lenses. These lenses all offer clear viewing with zero distortion optics and 100% U.V protection no matter what shade they are, ensuring long term wearer comfort.