Box Compression Testing Instruments Model B0009
The Box Compression Testing Instruments Model B0009 is a floor-mounted machine designed to evaluate packages and material under compressive loads.
One platen is supplied with the machine measuring 1000 x 800 x 25mm which can be fixed or floated, as well as a base platen with the same dimensions.
The Box Compression Tester uses a servo electric system to apply a precise linear motion and force.
- Box Compression
- Stack Testing
- Multi-box Compression
Features of Box Compression Testing Instruments Model B0009
- Force: 4 precision load cells are used to measure the applied force and a precise linear transducer measures the test sample deflection.
- Construction: The construction is of a
- strong ‘A’ frame type.
- Crosshead Assembly: Motor driven ball
- screws, for fast and accurate operation,
- reposition the crosshead assembly.
The software used with the Box Compression Testing Instrument Model B0009 is the IDM Instruments Universal Tester Software, having the following specifications:
1. Data sampling is adjustable from 1-1000 Hz
2. Test parameters displayed with graph simultaneously
3. Overlay display of data curve possible during test
4. AS and ASTM Test Methods pre-programmed
5. Other test methods can be programmed by the operator
6. Calibration File to calibrate the unit
7. Position, Load or Strain rate control
8. Real time graphic display of data
9. Selectable graphical display presentation
10. Data can be read in Excel
11. Out of range alarm and stop
12. Auto return after a test is selected
1. Force & Deflection
2. Digital display, peak load/position
3. Digital display & XY Graph
4. Statistical Output (on screen or print)
5. Print options: any test screen or statistics.
Auto Set Up:
1. Auto Zero
5. Home Position
Operation: Automatic or Manual
1. Move force plate to loading position
2. Load Test Sample
3. Go to preset height
4. Start test with preset parameters
5. After sample collapse, return to loading
6. All data collected and operator asked to accept or reject.
7. Print: Yes/No Store: Yes/No
Specifications of Box Compression Testing Instrument
- Maximum capacity: 50 kN
- Force Resolution: 50.00 x 0.01 x kN
- Force Accuracy: ± 1% F.S.
- Maximum test area: 1000mm x 800mm
- Position Repeatability: 0.2 mm
- Resolution: 2000.0
- Position measuring accuracy: 0.1 mm
- Servo Electric
- Variable Test Speed: 0.1- 250 mm/min
- Speed accuracy: 0.5% F.S.
- Crosshead Positioning: 500 mm/min
- Platen size: 1000mm x 800mm x 25mm
- Overall Height: 2312mm
- Voltage Supply: 2 x 240V AC 10 A
- ASTM D642
- ASTM D4169
- TAPPI T804
- ISO 12048:1994
*Other standards available upon request
- Electrical: 220/240 VAC @ 50 HZ
- 110 VAC @ 60 HZ
*(please specify when ordering)
- H: 2,500 mm
- W: 1,100mm
- D: 1,000mm
- Weight: 550 kg
Please click here to know about IDM Instruments Box Compression Testing Instrument