Ultra Compact Shaft-Mounted Gear Units
These new gear reducers, which are protected by a specific patent, feature a combination of planetary and helical/bevel helical gears that takes advantage of the strengths of each technology: compact size, reliability and easy maintenance.
This new series of lighter, more compact gear reducers surpass traditional solutions for planetary and bevel helical gear reducers and also ensure shorter production times and lower production costs.
The design of these ultra-compact gear units is based upon precise analyses using FEM (Finite Element Method) techniques applied to 3D models, which means that performance, in terms of duration and silence, was optimized already in the virtual prototype phase.
Advanced engineering techniques, long experience and the use of high quality parts led to the creation of a product that ensures high performance over time, a fact that has been confirmed by tests that simulate real operating conditions.
Main characteristics of the new product range:
- 10 harmonically developed sizes, from 3000 Nm to 27,000 Nm of nominal torque.
- In the planetary helical version, up to 4 reduction stages and transmission ratios of up to i = 2000.
- In the bevel planetary helical version, up to 5 reduction stages and transmission ratios of up to i = 7500.
- Special seals (labyrinth seals or double seals with separate grease-filled chamber) that protect against lubricant leakage and contamination.
- Output hollow shafts: cylindrical with keyway, cylindrical hollow shaft for shrink disc, and splined shaft.
- Input versions with adaptors for IEC, NEMA and hydraulic motors, flexible and fluid couplings, clutches and torque limiters, and belt couplings.
- Accessories such as torque arms, shrink discs, backstops and brakes, oil filtering and cooling systems.
- The range will be expanded to include 8 more sizes for output torques of up to 67,000 Nm.