The benefits of using ModakBoard include:
- ModakBoard has been tested to 1200°C with no combustion or flame out.
- ModakBoard does not absorb water and so superheated steam will not "blow out" the product as it may do with standard building bricks in fire conditions.
- ModakBoard is totally fire resistant. It will not burn in a fire storm. ModakBoard is applicable in BAL 12.5 to 40 and FZ flame zone regulation areas and meets the AS 3959 requirements, when used to protect exposed timber framing eaves joists etc., under AS/ NZ 3837 materials.
- ModakBoard insulation properties help protect internal furnishing from internal combustion, flash burning from high external temperatures.
- ModakBoard will not ignite from ember attacks. Ember attack is the largest single national contributor to home loss.
- ModakBoard is 8 to 10 times stronger than normal plasterboard products and insulates from intense heat and cold.
- ModakBoard does not break down in water so is ideal for flood prone areas.
- ModakBoard is of no interest to insect pests and termites.
For more information, please click here