Bentley Architecture is an advanced, yet intuitive and easy-to-use architectural building information modeling (BIM) application that empowers architects and designers to create with unlimited freedom, to explore more design options, to make better informed design decisions, and to predict costs and performance.
Design and construction documents are automatically coordinated, eliminating errors and omissions.
So, architectural and AE firms can deliver better buildings on time and on budget, thus improving client services and increasing revenue – business-critical benefits in today’s competitive environment.
Unlike stand-alone architectural applications offered by most vendors, Bentley Architecture is part of Bentley's integrated suite of Building Information Modeling (BIM) applications that provide seamless integration between design, engineering, analysis, construction, and operations for the entire lifecycle of facilities.
Used by the world’s leading architectural, engineering, and construction companies on the largest and most complex projects, this unique solution supports multi-disciplinary workgroups and global teams in a managed environment, allowing them to build as one.
Parametric Cell Studio (PC Studio) is extremely powerful modeling technology known as dimension-driven, feature-based, parametric modeling.
It allows Bentley Architecture users to define and create parametric, associative building components and assemblies such as doors, windows, stairs, casework, roofs, trusses, curtain walls, handrails, fixtures, equipment, and more.
Placed in Bentley Architecture, the DataGroup system not only allows the association of user-definable attributes with PC Studio components, but also drives their parametric dimensions and variables, thus allowing an unlimited number of variations.
Most of the dataset content delivered with Bentley Architecture (doors, windows, curtain walls, handrails, and so on) has been created with PC Studio.
Some of the key features of PC Studio include:
- Named dimensions and variables
- Dimensional constraints and rules
- Mathematical formulae in dimensions
- Component arrays along a 2D path or face of a solid
- Expressions to relate dimension or variable to others
- Component substitution
- PC Studio is an integral part of Bentley Architecture and automatically delivered and installed free of charge.
Who Uses Bentley Architecture
Bentley Architecture supports a wide variety of architectural design professionals and firms of all sizes, which is indicated by the sample list of users from around the world.
- Architectural designers
- Interior architects and interior designers
- Architectural firms
- Architectural consultants
- Interior design firms
- Multi-discipline A/E and E/A firms
- Architectural departments in construction companies, owner/operators, and government agencies
- Design/Build companies
- Small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs)
- Large, global, multi-national