The term Business Intelligence or BI for short, is commonly used in the industry to label Products and Technologies that support implementing, integrating, and deploying Business Performance Management solutions to enable employees across an organization gain deeper business insight and make informed decisions.
The Microsoft Dynamics AX Reporting and BI Framework comprises tools and services to enable the implementation, integration, deployment, and use of business performance management features in Microsoft Dynamics AX solutions.
The framework is a model driven Microsoft platform integrated solution that will continue to evolve in future releases of the product to support richer scenarios and advances in the Microsoft Reporting and BI platform technologies (Microsoft SQL Server™ and Microsoft Office system) upon which it is built.
Business Analysis in Microsoft Dynamics AX helps you analyse important factors that affect your bottom line. You can compare vendor data, analyse warehouse operations, develop strategies to retain preferred customers and attract new customers, and create customer profiles and segmentation analyses.
Functionality of Business Intelligence & Reporting:
- Hundreds of Standard Reports
- Ad-hoc and analytical reports with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Role tailored pre defined multi-dimensional data cubes
- Dashboard views of key performance indicators
- Integration with Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server
- Self Service BI with Microsoft Office Excel
- Select predefined performance indicators using out-of-the-box Microsoft SQL Server® Analysis Services data cubes for display in Role Centres.
- Provide personalized report navigation and easily publish reports and KPIs.
- Enable people to build and share specialized reports in a wide range of formats with integration with SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Display and view graphs, charts, lists, and reports, and monitor processes in a dashboard view.