Find and buy metal cutting tools and inserts from verified suppliers on IndustrySearch. A metal cutting tool is used to remove material from a metal workpiece while an insert is a replaceable attachment that contains the cutting edge for the cutting tool.
Factors to consider when buying metal cutting tools and inserts:
- Materials – A wide variety of cuttings tools are available for different types of metals such as pure metals, carbon steel and high-temperature alloy. Consider the tool materials and grade.
- Fit for the machine – Be sure to choose the correct hand, tools can be right or left handed.
- Size – Should be appropriate for the type of cutting work to be done. Power requirements – Consider the power/rpm charts of the machine.
- Programming – Should be programmable to reduce cycle time and cutting force.
- Cutting tool inserts – Features include chipbreaker, unground, dished and indexable.
- Insert size – determined by the inscribed circle. Also consider insert grade, shape or angle, nose radius, entering angle and geometry.
- Other features to consider – Comfortable grip and handle, cutting speed, operating costs, clamps and holders, chip control, indexable or regrindable, number of edges, modular construction or one-piece design, single purposes or multifunction, technical support.
Contact our vendors for a free quote or expert advice on metal cutting tools and inserts. Delivery available Australia wide.