- Proof tester, burner, thumper in one self-contained unit.
- Burn currents to 100 mA.
- Impulse energies of 3750 J to 7500 J.
- Automatic and manual thumper mode.
- Operable from line voltage or generator.
- Single HV output for all modes.
- Isolated and shielded return current path.
- Zero start interlock.
- External interlock.
- Face panel window.
- Mode indicator lights.
- Electrically operated shorting solenoids with mechanical ground assurance.
- Internal radar pickup for Model M602TDR
- Positive fault identification and location.
- Isolated return for increased operator safety.
- One unit for all URD cable maintenance testing.
- Visual ground verification.
- Precise impulse repetition.
- Variable impulse rate from 3 to 30 seconds.
Hipotronics CF Series testing systems for fault locating of primary cables consist of a dc proof tester, a burner and a capacitive discharge fault locator (thumper). These self-contained, portable units are rugged, reliable and compact. All models feature a continuously adjustable impulse rate from three to thirty seconds.
- 70 kV dc proof tester.
- 100 mA burner.
- 0-25 kV dc thumper.
- Operates from 120 V ac line or portable generator (220 V ac is available as an option).
Model CF70-12 is a 25 kV, 12mF thumper and the CF70-24 is a 25kV, 24 mF thumper. Both units combine a 70 kV dc proof tester, a 100 mA burner and a capacitive discharge fault locator (thumper). Absolute accuracy of the impulse repetition rate is achieved by using a unique, motorized spark gap. Each unit also has an internal radar pickup for the Model M602TDR.