Cable Testers - Fault Mapper Model CA7024 can also indicate the distance to a fault in the cable (open or short), given access to only one end of a two or more conductor cable.
By incorporating fast-edge step TDR technology, the Model CA7024 measures cable length and indicates the distance to open or short circuit faults. to a range of 6000 ft (2000m), on virtually any type of cable.
The Model CA7024 indicates the cable length or fault distance and description, alphanumerically on a 128 x 64 graphical LCD.
Features of Cable Testers - Fault Mapper Model CA7024:
- Detects opens, shorts and the distance between them.
- Measure cable length up to 6000 ft (2000m).
- Built-in library of most common cables and their Vp (Velocity of Propagation).
- Manual selection of Vp for all cables not found in library.
- Vp setting displayed along with length and cable type (if in library).
- Automatic cable impedance compensation.
- Built-in tone generator for tracing and locating cables.
- Large high-visibility blue electroluminescent backlit display.
- CE Mark.
Applications of Cable Testers - Fault Mapper Model CA7024:
- Determine length of cables on reels, coils or in boxes.
- Determine cable runs in wall, conduit and other surfaces.
- Detect opens and shorts in cables and the length to them.
- Trace cables to identify runs and location.