The Asset Pumptite unit is designed for tightening trigger, spray, cream dispenser pumps and other types of closures that cannot be tightened by standard overhead tightening chucks, at throughputs of up to 60 units per minute.
Pumptite can be mounted onto any standard Asset Cap Tightening Machine - the same unit fits both automatic and semi-automatic (bench model) machines. A small modification may be required to older model machines.
Just 2 attachment screws and 3 quick-connect air fittings enables you to change your Asset AC-1 Cap Tightening Machine from standard overhead chuck operation to Pumptite operation or back again in a few minutes. The compact unit is simply stored away when not in use.
Pumptite incorporates a patented drive system design in which 4 tightening wheels are positively gear-driven from a single high quality air motor.
This ensures that all 4 wheels are driven at precisely the same speed and torque with minimal air consumption and operating noise. The torque applied to the cap can be varied form 0 to 60 inch pounds.
An air cylinder within the unit smoothly brings both pairs of tightening wheels into firm engagement with the cap at 4 points around its circumference. This action is self adjusting for different cap sizes so its fast to set up, and can’t get out of adjustment.
Features of Cap Tightening Unit - Asset Pumptite:
- Can be mounted on all existing and new Asset model AC-1 Cap Tightening Machines.
- Identical unit fits both the automatic and the semi-automatic model Asset machines.
- Can be removed and replaced on capping machine in a few minutes - so same capping machine can do standard caps as well as trigger and cream pumps.
- Simple to install and get running.
- Tightens most pump cap types, e.g. trigger, plunger spray, cream dispenser and unusual cap types such as flip-top, witch’s hat, as well as standard caps. Tightening wheels self adjust to different cap diameters.
- Self adjusting pump alignment jaws adapt to various pump body shapes to ensure correct alignment with bottle.
- Precise torque setting via pressure regulator and gauge.
- Quick-change ribbed polyurethane tightening wheels.
- Patented drive mechanism providing positive uniform tightening wheel drive from a single air motor.
- Self lubricating, low maintenance design.
- Different tightening wheel patterns and materials. Alignment jaws for special applications. (optional)