The capacitive level sensor NR260 features an extremely robust design particularly suited to use with fuel cells, representing a high-quality expansion of the E-T-A product range.
The application with fuel cells requires the sensor to withstand extreme temperature and pressure variations. The device is used for installation in the de-ionised water container.
Accumulated demineralised water, a waste product of the energy production in the fuel cell, has to be pumped off regularly and reliably. The NR260 is made of Hastelloy C4 while the capacitive sensor probe itself is covered by a special enamel layer.
Capacitive Level Sensor - NR260 allows the sensor to be used in the chemical industry as these materials are suitable for use with even very aggressive media. In addition the NR260 offers protection class IP68 against water, vapour or dust penetration.
Features and benefits of Capacitive Level Sensor - NR260
- Enamel and Hastelloy C4 construction to resist aggressive media
- High protection rating IP68 with connector
- Short-circuit-proof switching output 1 A, plus-switching
- Factory pre-set for the following media (switching point measured from sensor tip)
- de-ionised water (conductivity < 4,2 uS/cm): 28 mm +/- 2 mm
- tap water (conductivity - 300 uS/cm): 22 mm +/-2 mm
- Other media upon request, switch point adjustment via programmable interface