Carbon Market - Carbon Markets Opportunities and Strategies
With Australia's ratification of the Kyoto Protocol and a national emissions trading scheme due to start by 2011,
Value offered by Energetics' team
Energetics provides clients with an overview of carbon markets and how they work, international and domestic greenhouse policy and programs, compliance requirements. Energetics understands the impacts that changes in legislation and policy can have on a business and provides analysis of sector specific positioning.
Building a carbon strategy saves money and mitigates risk
For many years Energetics has supported many of Australia’s leading organisations with their carbon strategy. Specifically, our specialist team assists clients to:
- Review their greenhouse gas footprint and key factors that influence its size;
- Understand the impacts of the Australian Emissions Trading Scheme;
- Learn how shadow carbon pricing should be included in future decision making;
- Examine the business opportunities to pass on future carbon costs to customers; and
- Define any climate or systemic risks that may impact on business.
Energetics has facilitated workshops for clients to assist them in the development of policy priorities. Our team has also helped clients identify opportunities that have saved money and mitigated risk, including:
- Footprint reduction activities;
- Purchasing renewable energy and/or offsets and managing the risks involved;
- Using carbon reduction activities as a market differentiator; and
- Setting corporate targets.
Getting started in carbon trading
Energetics assists clients with end-to-end assistance in carbon trading; from market fundamentals to advanced trading strategies. Specifically we help clients to:
- Define current market prices;
- Understand ‘Trading 101’;
- Sell abatements into the market and define their worth;
- Source abatements from the market and ensure their worth;
- Learn who else is actively participating;
- Know what documentation to use; and
- Understand which accreditations are required.