Lite, Professional and the soon to be released Photo Edition
IDNow is a professional software program designed to produce plastic ID cards under the Windows operating system.
The features of the Professional version are outlined below.
- Support for Windows NT4 SP6, 98, ME, 2000 and XP.
- Full WYSIWYG card layout designer. Objects that may be placed on cards are:
- Text- Database fields
- Shapes, both rectangular and round - Barcodes based on any database field Magnetic stripe on any track based on any database field - Images. Optionally printed with a transparent background colour
- Photograph - Digital Signature
- Fingerprint Image
- Card Issue and Expiry Dates based on date card printed.
- Any image may be used as a card background
- PDF417 and DataMatrix 2D barcodes.
- Concatenate Title/First/Last, First/Last, Title/First and Preferred or First/Last names on printed cards.
- Fingerprint template may be output to 2D barcode.
- Text, database and date/time fields can use any font on your system. Size, colour, position, rotation and shadow are all fully customisable.
- 5 levels of Undo.
- Rulers (sliders) to allow objects to be left, right, top, bottom or centre aligned.
- All IDNow database fields (30) may be either free text entry fields or dropdown lists. Any combination of both is catered for.
- Ability to generate barcodes based on an auto-incremented number as well as in whole or part based on any other field in the database. Fixed or variable prefix/suffix is also supported. Support for common library system check digits is also available.
- Works with any model card, label or paper printer that has a Windows driver.
- Full support for double sided printing if your card printer supports it as well as hopper selection.
- Optional basic security options that allow you to give your staff access to only certain functions or restrict which database fields they can see. Automatic logout after x minutes of inactivity option.