Carton Forming Machines
Australis Engineering are the exclusive Australian agent for Spanish manufacturer Ear-Flap. Ear-Flap produce a range of Carton Fomers, Tray Formers, Carton Taping machines and Pallet Wrappers.
The EarFlap range of cartoning equipment includes several types of carton formers, each one of them adapted to the needs of specific customers with normal outputs of between 5 to 16 cases/min (and higher outputs possible on customised machines).
Main technical features:
- Preformed folded carton boxes are placed in the magazine
- A vacuum suction plate extracts the box at the top, unfolding it
- Another vacuum activated holder completes the box opening action
- The bottom flaps are sealed with self adhesive tape or hot melt glue
- Once open and bottom sealed, the box leaves the former
- The main advantages of a former in a packaging line are:
- Increase of production and flexibility
- Sturdy and long lasting equipment
- Adjustable to different carton sizes
- Clean and long lasting sealing, suitable for the food industry
- Easy handling, risk-free for human operators
- Automatic operation
There are a number of models available, the most popular models are shown below, but we will be happy to assist you to find the right model to suit your production targets, budget and available floorspace. Please EMAIL us for further information on the entire range of EarFlap case forming machines.
BEM 200 - Automatic Vertical Case Former
The BEM200 consists of a folded cartons magazine, a system to unfold them, fold their bottom flaps, tape them and deliver the formed case ready for filling.
The folded cartons, stacked in the machine magazine, are picked one by one by a vacuum cup plate that unfolds and places them in the forming position. An elbow shaped arm pushes them along the machine for a quick folding of the bottom flaps, the case being now ready for bottom tape sealing and filling or just bottom sealing for a later filling.
The machine features safety protections and is fitted with a touch screen on its electric cabinet for settings, alarm messages and view case formats. Depending on the magazine position regarding the case traveling direction, the machine is delivered as Left hand or Right hand execution. The frame is welded to increase sturdiness and built with steel plate and profiles; pleasant design outlook.
It is an automatic machine, versatile and compact, of easy installation and set up, as well as of very low maintenance requirements.
In order to provide ease of operation, the former is fitted with a command touch screen where the operator can, on an intuitive way, work on the machine. All possible parameters are programmed, as well as movements and interconnections.
The former is controlled by a standard PLC, integrated within the electric cabinet. This feature offers much easier and lower cost maintenance and replacement tasks, as compared to proprietary electronic boards offered by other manufacturers, in case of failure or future modifications.
Coupled to the machine frame in order to centralise all connections within it and ease transportation. Besides the necessary switching inherent to the machine, it also allows additional spare room for further connections (conveyors, sealers, etc.).
Note: HOT MELT and/or STAINLESS STEEL versions are also available.
- Output (depending on carton dimensions) - up to 12 cartons/min.
- Weight - 400kg
- Electric power - 220V 50 Hz
- Installer power - 1 Kw
- Pneumatic installation - 6 bar
- Size adjustment - Manual
- Length: 1900mm
- Width: 1900mm
- Height: 1350 min
- Length: 300 - 530mm
- Width: 165 - 310mm
- Height: 150 - 500 mm
BEM300 - Automatic Case Former
The BEM300 Automatic Case Former is an automatic case forming machine from Spanish manufacturer Ear-Flap with manual size adjustment, PLC control and capable of forming up to 8 cartons per minute.
Standard technical features
- Electric power: 400 V III+N+T 50 Hz
- Installed power: 1 Kw
- Air pressure: 6 bar
- Bottom flaps sealing: adhesive tape (48 to 72 mm)
- Size adjustment: manual
- Output (depending on carton dimensions): up to 8 cartons/min
- Controlled by PLC
- Control panel with LCD colour touch screen
- Carton dimensions
- Other features may be possible by request
BEM300 Automatic Case Former – carton dimensions
- Length: 350 – 780 mm
- Width: 250 – 580 mm
- Height: 370 – 650 mm
- It is not possible to combine all the maximum dimensions
- Other dimensions on request (additional cost)
- Stainless steel version
- Bottom flaps sealing with hot-melt
- Flaps opener for automatic filling
- Automatic size adjustment
A BEM300XL version is also available that permits the formation of larger cartons/ boxes.
Other models of carton formers are also available, including a 3-in-1 bag in box machine. Please Contact Us for further information.