Intrepid Travel enriches people’s lives by creating unique, interactive travelling experiences in Asia, Europe, Middle East and Latin America.
At the core of the Intrepid business is a web based reservation system used by passengers and prospective customers all over the world to book one of the many trips run by Intrepid Travel.
Intrepid Travel set out to replace their existing financial systems with a system capable of delivering:
- Integration with the reservation system
- Large scale reduction of data entry tasks associated with trip administration
- Advanced reporting and analysis tools.
Fenwick Software first met the staff at Intrepid Travel after the company had already decided to implement Microsoft Navision based on the experience of their sister company GAP Adventures in Canada. The challenge for Intrepid Travel was to find an implementation partner in Melbourne with the right credentials to ensure the success of their project.
Intrepid chose Fenwick Software ahead of several other Microsoft Business Solutions’ accredited partners based on implementation experience, depth of product knowledge of the consulting team and shared business values.
What started as an initial project to implement Navision as a replacement for Sapphire, separated into three phases, quickly became a challenge to achieve all three phases of the project by the June 30 deadline.
Kelvin Blake explains, “We very quickly grasped the capabilities of both the software and that of our project team from Fenwick. We felt confident that bringing forward the work outlined for phases two and three could be achieved and that the extra effort required would deliver enormous benefit to Intrepid right from the start.
Given the high volume of transactions involved in our business, eliminating redundant data entry is a high priority for us. The software developed provided us with this result.”
Intrepid has seen the following benefits from the use of Navision:
- Value of trips and services purchased in all applicable currencies
- Amendments to bookings Automatic receipt and application of passenger payments (direct and via travel agents)
- Validation and checking of data from the Reservation System based on business rules controlled in Navision.
- A significant reduction in data entry associated with processing passenger payments
- An enhanced ability to perform detailed analysis and review of business activities.
- Automation of the processing of Tour Leader Trip Expense summaries.
- Automatic handling of Trust Accounting requirements providing a full audit trail.