Dicksons is a confectionery Route Trade Wholesale Distributor. A family business founded in 1854, Dicksons have not only survived over 150 years of competitive business, but have grown and continue to do so.
Today, it is a recognised trendsetter in its industry: prepared to consider and implement new way to do business to ensure their competitive advantage is sustained. With over 3,500 customers and 2,250 active items and a turnover in excess of AUD $30million, Dicksons is once again leading the way in leveraging their investment in technology and maximising their process efficiencies and people productivity.
Dicksons found that many of their key internal and customer interfacing processes relied on repetitive and/or manual decisionmaking. Human error often led to unhappy customers (internal and external) and numerous, unnecessary telephone inquiries and follow up to resolve what was, in essence, an avoidable problem.
As competition in this marketplace is fierce and price sensitive, Dicksons decided to investigate the possibility of automating such processes and thereby reducing the exposure to such human error as well as increasing their response time, accuracy and cash collection processes.
Dicksons identified the following areas of immediate focus:
- More flexibility in forms / remove requirement for pre-printed stationery
- Ability to fax Purchase Orders to suppliers automatically
- Ability to supply copy invoices to customers before delivery arrives to allow cash customers to arrange cheques etc
The WilComm Solution
At a glance:
- 35% reduction in paper use
- Replace pre-printed forms
- Reports emailed
- 25% drop in print volumes
- Quick & visible ROI
- Integration with ERP system
The WilComm solution was implemented with various modules configured to fully deliver on the needs of Dicksons and their clients, both internal and external.
- Print Module
- Invoices for 3 companies using 10 different forms being printed on both local and internet connected printers.
- Statements for 3 companies
- Basic “text” printing used for general reporting
- Fax Module
- Fax is now implemented to dispatch forms and text reports when required, including order confirmations to customers without email capability.
Sending email with:
- "text in body" reports
- reports attached as TXT, CSV & XLS files
- reports attached as PDF image files
- Basic “green screen” text messages
- Receiving email with .csv files as attachments that are uploaded to the AS/400 automatically, then processed through the sales order & distribution management systems.
Click here to view the complete article