Demag Cranes and Components implemented SAP B1, integrating it to various systems.
Demag Cranes and Components is a Project Based Company headquartered at Germany running on SAP R/3, with operations across India, UAE, Bahrain, Brazil, Russia and Australia.
The Chief Financial Officer of Demag UAE & Australia decided to implement SAP Business One for their operations in UAE and Bahrain initially to integrate it with the main SAP R/3 in Demag, Germany. They decided to go for SAP B1 for its scalability and possibility of integrating with SAP R3. Since the product is based on a Dot Net framework and with the availability of SDK the management decided to implement this solution and integrate with their legacy system as well as their parent system in a lower cost of ownership.
After a successful implementation, Demag has engaged Ontrack to implement SAP B1 for other locations globally.
Challenges Faced in Demag Cranes
- SAP Business One Vanilla Product was not a direct fitment.
- Integration of Multi-Language support
- Implementation of Project Management, Job Costing, Time Sheet and Payroll Application which was not available in the product.
- Multi Location Implementation.
- Training and Employee Motivation.
Services Provided to Demag Cranes
- ASAP Methodology Implementation Process as per SAP Best Practices.
- As-Is Study with GAP Analysis Documentation.
- Business Blueprint with FRD Documentation.
- Customization and Twining of Project Management and Job Costing Add-on as per the business process requirement of Demag Cranes.
- Development of Timesheet Add-on and its integrations with Project Management and Payroll Calculation.
- Integration of Project Management, Job Costing, Timesheet and Payroll ADDONS with SAP B1 and define the business flow as per requirement.
- Online training and onshore training on department head and end user level.
- Dashboard integration for the Management Users.
- Legacy System Data Migration.
- Providing Codified Chart of Accounts as per SAP R/3 defined COA in Demag Germany.
Advantages of Demag Cranes
- Smarter and User Defined GUI Screens.
- Easy Report Development and External Integration.
- Multiple Language Implementations.
- Lower Cost of Ownership with less resource utilization and Zero Risk.
- Integration with SAP R/3.