A semi truck with failing brakes ran onto the Juniper Beach boat ramp and ruptured a saddle tank.
Approximately 40 gallons of diesel fuel spilled.
An environmental company estimated clean-up to take 2 days using booms, pads and a VAC truck.
First responders on-site were the Louisville Fire Department using C.I.Agent for the first time.
C.I.Agent Solutions also responded by delivering product and assisting Chief Fredricks in containing and cleaning the spill. A boat and hard boom were deployed, but actually hindered clean-up. The VAC truck was not needed.
- C.I. Agent
- Clean-up Period: 3 hours, 6 man hours
- Materials: 30 pounds of C.I. Agent
- Oil Sludge Retrieved: 15 gallons of oil sludge
- Waste: approximately 135 pounds of controllable waste
- Total billing for product & labour: $1,204.41
- Conventional Method
- Clean-up Period: estimate 2 days, 4 men
- Materials: pack of absorbant pads & 160' of boom, 50' hard boom, boat
- Oil Sludge Retrieved: 1350 gallons of water & diesel
- Waste: 10,800 pounds of water, 320 pounds of waste
- Total billing for product & labour: approximately $20,000.00 (verbal by contractor)