The dust control at Miller TAFE Masonry teaching facility was antiquated and in desperate need of renewal and up grade.
Indux was the selected contractor due to previous rugged installations in Stone Masonrys in Sydney and Brisbane
Indux was contracted for the design, manufacture and installation of three new dust extraction systems, for the South
Western Sydney area’s growing demand for masonry trades people. Over the previous 10 years, the need has greatly increased for apprentice bricklayers and stonemasons.
The old system dust extraction system had suffered from terminal corrosion and was unable to supply the increased capacity required to provide proper dust extraction, ambient air quality and work place dust removal.
To cater for the forecasted needs, a new 30kW reverse pulse dust collector, Indux Model IP160, servicing fifteen (15) “Coral Articulated Dust Arms”, with task lights and stainless steel inlet mesh, was installed in the “Stone Masonry Workshop” The dust arms allow dust capture very close to the source of the dust creation, and additionally draws much needed fresh air from outside. The IP160 dust collector is the traditional tubular bag type with “on demand” pneumatic back wash filter cleaning system. The bag type filter arrangement creates low internal case air speeds, aiding the filter cleaning and providing low resistance to air flow.
The “Wet Polishing Room” was fitted with a 1.5kW Indux Model 4XW ambient air extraction and filtration system.
In the “Brick Laying Hall” the “new” 15kW Indux Model FDC1000 high vacuum dust extraction system was installed, for general cleanup, after the students dismantled their training walls.
Special features include:
- Extra dust load capacity, for each of the dust systems was included to cope with the three hundred apprentice masonry tradesmen in the busy training facility.
- Very extensive acoustic treatment to minimize external noise, ie exhaust silencers, fans in acoustic cabinets, AV mounts and connections.
- All electric motors used were “Efficiency One” rated, saving money on the electrical consumption, and of course minimizing the affect on the environment.
- Inlet plenums designed for low velocity into the dust collector, resulting in minimal wear on filters and therefore long filter life.
- Epoxy paint finish over zinc seal mild steel, galvanized mild steel ducting.
- Indux’s heavy duty manufacture copes well with the abrasive nature of the stone and brick dust.