34-Store Chain Grows 10 Percent Annually with the Help of a New Retail and Financial Solution.
Started by mother and daughter in 1980, Peekay, Inc. has grown to 34 locations selling couples’ romantic products from well-appointed stores.
A decade-old point-of-sale system, hard-to-match hardware components, and inadequate financial software slowed expansion. Further, finding people who knew how to use the proprietary database software the company used was difficult.
A three-store test of Microsoft Dynamics™ Retail Management System proved successful, opening the door to a comprehensive solution that included Microsoft Dynamics GP and Retail Analytics and Merchandise Planning (RAMP) from Professional Advantage.
- Management gained time and new tools to open or remodel new stores annually.
- Business-based purchasing rapidly and accurately replenishes shelves.
- Quick staff training, thanks to logical POS screens and familiar user interface.
- RITE Gift add-on replaced expensive gift-card provider.
- Restructuring SKUs and rethinking processes opened gates to growth.