Astro 480 is a superior machinable electrode that provides maximum strength and ductility on heavy sections of cast iron. Due to it’s iron content, it is excellent for welding ferrous metals which are high in phosphorous content and ductile iron. It can also be used to join cast irons to steels.
- Due to it's iron content, 480 is excellent for welding ferrous metals which are high in phosphorous content and ductile iron
- Welds all types of cast iron in all positions, inc. ductile iron, grey iron, malleable iron and steel to cast iron
- Superior machinable electrode that gives maximum strength and ductility on all kinds of cast iron
- Provides solid, dense, machinable and colour matching deposits
- Does not require preheating
- Does not crack or undercut
- Minimal spatter