This is 25% greater than connectors designed for use with DIN quality grade 2 chain of either round or flat link configuration.
This Xtra performance has been achieved through careful choice of materials and heat treatment whilst keeping the dimensional properties within those specified in DIN 22258:2003 Part 2.
This will ensure that the connectors - which must be installed in the horizontal plane of the chain only – will safely negotiate sprockets that have been designed in accordance with this specification.
CHAINLOCK connectors can also be used with DIN quality grade 2 chains having the advantage of higher strength thus giving an additional safety factor.
Assembly and Maintenance
An instruction leaflet is supplied with each CHAINLOCK connector which gives guidance on correct assembly and maintenance.
Key points are:
- Only fit in the horizontal plane
- Assemble the spacer into the connector body so that
- the location marks are aligned.
- Do not interchange components between connectors
- Ensure the securing screw is correctly tightened to appropriate torque stated below.
- Regularly check for wear and damage
- Fully examine every 3 months or 1 M tonnes conveyed whichever is the sooner. (For BSL use, examine monthly).
- Always fit a new securing screw when re-assembling the connector.