It enables a wide range of users to graphically analyze process behavior and judge the impact of process improvement decisions with minimal training in statistical techniques.
It integrates with all major manufacturing information systems. Quality Analyst is used by more than 5,000 manufacturers to analyze plant data for vendor certification, regulatory compliance, process improvement, and cost reduction.
Ease of Use
Quality Analyst combines comprehensive charting and analysis capabilities with interactive operation to turn your data into valuable information. Developed for ease of use, Quality Analyst provides:
- Fast, simple charting—from start to chart in as few as three mouse clicks
- Simple, direct data and chart setup
- Multiple chart displays and printing with drag-and-drop page layout
- Easy, wizard-guided automation
- Straightforward connection to external databases
When it comes to setting up charts for specific analytical needs, Quality Analyst offers unmatched flexibility and versatility. User preferences can be set using clear, logical, consistent dialogs.
While default settings produce the most commonly accepted form, charts can be quickly customized. You can define any chart to meet internal, customer, or regulatory requirements, for example:
- Combine attribute, measurement, and descriptive information in the same data set
- Select from more than 20 process capability indices and 8 distributions
- Select from 19 pattern and run rules, or create your own
- Choose fonts, colors, aspect ratios, and annotations to create presentation quality graphics
Quality Analyst's operational power is available directly from the spreadsheetlike user interface, providing:
- Access to all configuration, charting, and analytical functions from a single screen
- A suite of advanced data management tools
- A robust data structure allowing all charting and analysis from a single data set
- User-defined calculated variables (including a visual equation builder), multi-key data sorting, and multicriteria data filtering
- Pop-up windows displaying descriptive characteristics and rule violations for any point on a chart
Automating the charting process is easy with Quality Analyst’s popular “Run file” (scripting) technology.
Run files automate virtually all of Quality Analyst’s extensive capabilities. In addition to automatically creating SPC charts, users can select data variables and chart types, specify filter criteria, or even enter new data without running the full Quality Analyst product.
While most users will create Run files using Quality Analyst’s built-in AutomationWizard, advanced users can create and modify Run file scripts with a text editor.
Quality Analyst integrates with all major manufacturing information systems to serve as the SPC analysis and charting component of an integrated quality information system.
The combination of database connectivity and synchronization, Run File automation, and XML output provide the tools necessary to automatically collect, analyze, and report on data from virtually any source.
Quality Analyst’s SPC analysis can be launched directly from desktop icons or from other applications. Database connection is automatic and users can be prompted to guide workflows and modify queries.