“I like to relate forklifts to cars – it makes it easier for people unfamiliar with the industry to understand the difference between the different brands. My view is, if you class all the forklift brands like a Holden or Ford, the Lindes are your BMW or Mercedes. Productivity and safety are more important to us than saving a few dollars upfront,” says Eric Danton.
Eric is the Warehouse and Distribution Centre Manager for chemical
giant, Ciba Specialty Chemicals.
Headquartered in Switzerland, the company manufactures a range of chemicals that are used to add performance, protection, colour and strength to products such as textiles,plastics, paper, automobiles, buildings and personal care products.
Among many other applications, Ciba’s products are used to:
- Protect plastics, coatings and photographic materials from damage by
light, heat, air and mechanical stress.
- Create colour for textiles, plastics’ coatings, paper and wood.
- Increase the brightness of paper
- Improve the performance of textiles, textile production and textile
- Help shield people and objects from harmful ultraviolet light and from
- Optimise water management.