The Type C Sprayball is commonly used in situations where equipment needs to be cleaned in place, but where a flush surface is required during
production. In the default ‘on product’ state, the Type C Sprayball system remains retracted, giving a smooth product contact surface that prevents any product build up. This is particularly important in applications such as powder dryer ducts and powder cyclones.
The Type C Sprayball is connected to your standard CIP loop. As the CIP process commences, the pressure (normally around 6 bg) pops out the CIP nozzle and begins its surface cleaning profile. The unique rml spray nozzle design enables the nozzle to rotate during the cleaning cycle, ensuring maximum coverage and penetration of the spray profile. This increases the cleaning efficiency and performance.
On completion of the CIP cycle, the nozzle’s closing mechanism provides a slow close scenario (5—15 minutes) which allows the CIP fluid to drain,
before the nozzle completely retracts eliminating fluid from product contact surfaces and minimizing functional and microbial issues. An optional pneumatic adaptor can provide an automated system remote and variable valve close time control.
Construction of CIP Type C Sprayball:
- Stainless steel 304 body and fittings.
- Teflon bearings for durability.
- Nitrile cup seal for reliable performance.
- Polysulfone cap for strength, visibility and chemical resistance.
- Connections either RJT or DIN fittings.
- Remote control valve close adaptor option
Applications of CIP Type C Sprayball:
- Where it Is hard to access or achieve good surface clean using traditional sprayballs.
- Where a flush surface is required during production operation.
- Where an automated CIP is used and manual set up is not wanted.
Examples of CIP Type C Sprayball Installations Include:
- Powder dryer ducts
- Dryer chambers
- Cyclones and bag houses
- Greasy duct work
- Evaporative flash vessels
- Cooking vessels
- Extraction ducts
- Large processing machinery
- Fluid bed chambers
For further information about the CIP Type C Sprayball visit RML Pty Ltd at http://www.rmlautomation.com
Use the IndustrySearch e-mail feature below and one of the RML Pty Ltd team will respond to your enquiry directly.
End Of Line Automation Solutions