This unit was purpose built for a US customer which typifies the diverse range of options available.
The Circuit Breaker Racking Unit was designed to eliminate the dangerous and arduous task of 'racking" or engaging medium to high voltage circuit breakers.
By removing the ServiceTechnician from the blast area or danger zone of the High Voltage Circuit Breaker and replacing the 'manual racking"operation with remote controlled CBRU, the risks (Blowout and Flashback} associated with engaging and disengaging HVCB's are eliminated.The picture above (right) is just one of the devastating effects that can be associated
with the racking operation
Features and options
- Fitted with a 24V DC battery power supply
- 240V/110V AC battery charger
- Dual circuit currrentcontrol module with LED display and adjustable _set points ensuring the CBRU-FXT racks the circuit breaker into its correct position without any mechanical or over-racking damage
- Pendant control with 7 metres of cable
- Adjustable drive position ranging in height from 50 mm to 1500 mm [2"'to 60")
40 deg angle adjustment
- Torque guard fitting to drive coupling eliminates any danger of over-racking
- Spring-loaded drive couplings with quick release fitting to suit any circuit breaker that racks either vertically, horizontally or with a scissor lift action.
- Trolley with pneumatic tyres for easier transportation across any terrain
- Weighing only 60kg and designed for easier handling, positioning and manoeuvrability
- DC motor brake fitting to control over-run and ensure accurate positioning
- Stair climber wheels
- Radio controlled
- Dust cover to ensure the unit is kept clean
- Custom built shafts and couplings to suit a range of circuit breakers