Gullco International of Ontario, Canada have for many years manufactured vertical overlay bridges / gantries mainly for the application of cladding Boiler Tube sheets both “in factory” during manufacture and later for “on site” refurbishment.
These machines, whist being “special” are made largely from standard products from the world famous Kat travel carriage system. These cladding machines have been developed to provide the many users with their unique requirements which include:
- The ability to swing the vertical track to align it to the boiler tubes
- The vertical Kat must support and control two oscillator heads sometimes one metre away from the Kat
- Remote control of all 3 Kats
- Vertical Kat to sustain much more than it's normal 45kgs capacity travelling vertical
- Be easily assembled on site, inside boilers
- Two welding heads working simultaneously
- In broken down parts the machine must be able to pass through a “man way” hole
- High speed vertical up return after vertical down weld
These machines are sold all over the world with early machines being developed in the very important German market where most of these machines have currently been sold (well over 100) as well as in Denmark, France, UK, Turkey and North America.