- The coded magnetic safety system is intended for guards and, thanks to the closed design and the high-strength plastic housing, is predestined for use under critical environmental conditions such as in the pharmaceutical, food and timber industries; really anywhere pollution from dust and humidity is particularly bad.
- The Balluff-Leuze Coded Magnetic Safety System always consists of one MC3x sensor, the corresponding actuator and the MSI-MC310 Safety Relay.
- The sensor contains a special combination of reed contacts that are contactlessly activated by the coded magnetic field of the actuator.
- If, for example, a door is opened, the actuator mounted here is separated from the sensor, which is located on the stationary part of the guard and a shut-down signal is triggered. As a result, risky machine movements can only be executed while the guard is closed; a stop command is executed while the guard is being opened.
- For guards that are accessible from behind, a reset button can be connected to the Safety Relay for manual starting.
- The system fulfills safety standards up to Performance Level PL e and safety category 4 in accordance with EN ISO 13849-1.