Combination Valves | Air Valves D-060 HF NS series
The D-060 HF NS series Combination Air Valve has the features of both an air release valve and an air & vacuum valve.The air release component is designed to automatically release small pockets of air to the atmosphere as they accumulate along a pipeline or piping system when it is full and operating under pressure.
The air & vacuum component is designed to automatically discharge or admit large volumes of air during the filling or draining of a pipeline or piping system. This valve will open to relieve negative pressures whenever water column separation occurs.
- - Water pipelines with anticipated conditions of surge and water hammer.
- - On the peaks of water pipelines with steep slopes.
- - At the points of water pipelines where water column separation occurs.
D-060-C HF - additional applications
- - Water pipelines vulnerable to vandalism and/or water theft.
- - Water systems found in remote areas.
D-062 HF NS and D-065 HF NS - additional applications
- Water systems with pressure demands of 25 bar and 40 bar (D-062 HF NS and D-065 HF NS respectively).
The D-060 HF NS series Combination Non Slam Air Valve is a surge dampening, slam-preventing, 3-stage combination air valve. The air valve provides high capacity vacuum protection and, at the same time, efficient surge suppression.
At sudden drainage and/or water column separation (sudden pump trips or valve closure, for instance), the air & vacuum orifice admits air at high flow rates, thus preventing vacuum.
As the water column and/or pressure wave returns, large volumes of air are discharged at high velocities, raising the non-slam disc, partially closing the air & vacuum orifice and allowing air to exhaust slowly through the smaller orifice of the non-slam disc.
This slowly exhausting air pocket dampens the slam of the returning water column, thus suppressing the pressure surge.
As the water flow arrives at a much slower rate, dampened by the slower air discharge, it buoys up the main float, gently closing the air & vacuum component of the air valve.
The S-050-C, S-052, S-015 air release component continues releasing air while the pipeline and the air valve are pressurized.
- Working pressure range:
- D-060 HF NS: 0.2-16 bar
- D-060-C HF NS: 0.2-16 bar
- D-062 HF NS: 0.2-25 bar
- D-065 HF NS: 0.2-40 bar
- Testing pressure for the air valve is 1.5 times its working pressure.
- Maximum working temperature: 60° C.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 90° C.
- All main flow cross-sections are equal or greater than the nominal port area.
- Aerodynamic design enables high flow rates of air both at intake and at discharge.
- Reliable operation reduces water hammer incidents.
- Dynamic design allows for high velocity air discharge while preventing premature closure.
- Special orifice seat design: bronze and E.P.D.M. rubber, assures long-term maintenance free operation.
- Screen protected outlet.
- The upper screen is protected with a protective cover.
- FBE coating, both interior & exterior, according to the international standard DIN 30677-2.
Air Release Component
- Body made of high strength materials.
- All operating parts are made of specially selected corrosion- resistant polymer materials.
- Large sized air release orifice:
- Dramatically reduces the possibility of obstruction by debris.
- Discharges high air flow rates.
- One size orifice for a wide pressure range (up to 40 bar), achieved by: A.R.I patented rolling seal mechanism.
- Size Range: 2”- 10”
- 2” – 8” for model D-065 HF NS only
- D-060 HF NS, for 16 bar
- D-060-C HF NS is vandalism protected by a cast metal air release component body, made for 16 bar
- D-062 HF NS is vandalism protected by a cast metal air release component body, made for 25 bar
- D-065 HF NS, made for 40 bar
- These valves are manufactured with flanged ends to meet any requested standard.