6 handflares are required to be fitted in SOLAS liferafts and lifeboats.
Suitable for use in most leisure craft.
For use in day and night. Short range distress signal used to pinpoint position.
To ignite: Fully extend handle, remove red end cap, sharply pull toggle away from body. Hold above head ,outboard and downwind.
- Colour of light: Red
- Burning time: 60 seconds minimum
- Light Intensity: 15,000 Candela minimum
- Ignition: top pull-wire igniter
- Temperature Operating Range: -30c to 65c (-22f to 149f)
- Temperature Storage Range: -30c to 75c (-22f to 167f)
- Weight: 160g (5.6oz)
- Length: 175mm (6.9ins)
- Length with handle pulled out: 280mm (11ins)
- Diameter: 28mm (1.1ins)