Compact Dry SL is an easy to use system for the detection of Salmonella based on its specific characteristics, such as biochemical reactivity and motility. It is suitable for food and environmental samples.
Compact Dry SL formulation contains both a chromogenic substrate and selective agent, Novobiocin. The presence of Salmonella in the sample is detected by the combination of different test principles:
- Alkalization of the medium by Salmonella's lysine decarboxylase ability (medium color will change blue-purple to yellow)
- Greening colony caused by decomposition of chromogenic substrate with specific enzyme of Salmonella (black colonies are generated by hydrogen sulphide producing Salmonella)
- Motility of Salmonella
Final Results are available in as little as 40 hours including the enrichment. ( Enrichment 20-24 hours at 35-37°C plus Compact Dry SL culture 20-24 hours at 41 – 43°C.)
- Room temperature storage
- Sample is self diffusible, not need for the spreader plate
- Results a day earlier than standard methods.
- No height limits when stacking for incubation.
- Easy to subculture suspect colonies
- Long shelf life