On reflecting surfaces, restrictions are placed on conventional image processing systems. reflectCONTROL Compact supplied by Bestech Australia is specially developed and tested for these types of surfaces.
In many areas, exquisite requirements are placed on the appearance of a surface without compromising its robustness and quality. Applications such as Smartphone touchscreens, instrumentation and controls in cars are built to the expectation of free from damage. However, conventionally, the inspection of these parts is often carried out only via visual inspection, which means in many cases the results are unclear and lack of accuracy.
Human disturbance due to tiredness or even the mood of the inspector on a day can lead to fluctuating results. Reflecting surfaces, in particular, pose challenges to manual and automated surface inspection. The NEW reflectCONTROL Compact offered from Bestech Australia is specially designed for these types of surfaces inspection that will even automatically log and store results to enable objective comparisons. Important conclusions can then be made for process improvement based on the findings.
The fully integrated system made in Germany is available in two versions that each provides different measuring fields. The 2D version recognises defects on reflecting surfaces. Additionally, the 3D version allows the measurement of reflecting surfaces at sub-micrometre accuracies. This device can be used in individual operations (e.g. laboratories) as well as directly in production lines.
- All components are integrated in a compact device with height-adjustable legs.
- The housing includes a monitor for the striped pattern protection, and up to two cameras.
- In order to avoid interferences from ambient light, the measuring field can be darkened on all of the four sides. This operation is performed via touchscreen or mouse and keyboard that can be connected via USB.
- The reflectCONTROL Compact Reflecting Surface Inspector can be integrated into production line via the Ethernet interface.
- A digital I/O interface enables triggering.
- An external operating monitor can be connected via VGA.
Furthermore, pre-installed operating and evaluation software of the 2D version shows surface defects. The 3D version provides a point cloud where data obtained can be treated in the image processing programs.