Basically, with control of both media speed and force, robots can perform consistently high quality material removal operations.
PushCorp, the world leader in force control technology, offers both passive and active force control compliance devices. The active force instruments maintain the applied force of the material removal tool. Should any variation in the force be sensed by the system, it will adjust accordingly. This device is capable of compensating for acceleration and gravity for a given force applied to the surface of the piece being worked. This facilitates the use of higher tool speeds, particularly when the surface has an irregular shape or profile.
Some examples of recent PushCorp applications include;
- Remove weld spatter and blend weld beads on ATM machines
- Grinds smooth round edge on auto glass profiles for car windows
- Blend and smooth complex surfaces on alloy wheels
- Deburring cylinder heads with high speed die grinder
- Remove edge flashing on plastic car spoilers prior to painting
- Deep drilling of over 200 gating holes in tyre moulds
- Cut-off saw for trimming castings to size
- Wet sanding car bodies at final assembly to eliminate "orange peel" and other surface defects
The PushCorp range of products includes compliance units and controllers, high speed servo tool changers, servo weld shavers and glass grinders, plus active compliance wet sanders to enable complete robot end-of-arm solutions.
In addition, there are system support products such as servo back stands with pneumatic belt tensioning and storage units for managing up to thirty (30) sanding discs for continuous operation.
For further information about Compliant Force Tools visit Romheld Australia at http://www.romheld.com.au
Use the IndustrySearch e-mail feature below and one of the Romheld Australia team will respond to your enquiry directly.
For All Your Work Holding,Automation CNC & Robot Tooling Needs