With 18 panel sizes available Minima can easily be assembled into most layout combinations and pour heights and because many of the panels are lighter weight than similar systems, they can be set by hand, providing greater productivity.
The strong and robust design of Minima enables it to withstand concrete pressures up to 60kN/m² and Minima can be used on a wide range of applications including: walls; columns; service cores; tanks; foundations and basements.
Some of the key benefits derived from using Minima are:
- Because many of Minima's panels can easily be set by hand cranage requirements are minimised, providing significant savings on construction costs.
- When panels are clamped together using Minima clamps up to 25m² can be lifted by crane thereby increasing the productivity of the system because the ganged form can be used multiple times.
- Minima clamps are easily tightened without much force, thus prolonging their working life and reducing the labour requirement to fix the panels. The clamps also make for easy panel-to-panel connection.
- Fewer ties are required on Minima than some other systems; this reduces tie costs and construction times.
- Minima inner corners have a 2-degree stripping clearance, allowing panels to be easily removed once concrete curing is finished.
- The large range of panel sizes minimizes the need for traditional make-up pieces saving construction time.
- There are a number of internal and external corner panels, some of which are hinged, this further adds to Minima's versatility in adapting to most building structures.
Minima can be used within any construction sector on a variety of applications, including:
- Abutments and piers
- Service cores
The Minima system has significant benefits in comparison to traditional shuttering and most other panel systems, and it has the backing of RMD's extensive worldwide resources.