Since deaths in confined spaces often occur because the atmosphere is oxygen deficient or toxic, confined spaces should be tested prior to entry and continually monitored.
Regulatory agencies require workplaces to have a plan for working in confined spaces safely. CMO COMPLIANCE, the Cost Reduction System, allows for onsite inspecting, monitoring, and emergency plan design for a confined space therefore ensuring regulatory compliance
Confined spaces present many dangers-some of which the miners of yesterday never knew.
These are some of the common ones:
- Lack of oxygen, presenting a suffocation hazard
- Fire or explosion hazards from an accumulation of flammable vapors
- Health hazards from toxic vapors
- Difficulty exiting the space in the event of an emergency
- Cramped spaces to work in, resulting in a danger of being caught in equipment
- Poor visibility
- High levels of noise
- Temperature extremes
CMO COMPLIANCE, the Cost Reduction System, is able to help inspect and monitor conditions of such dangers in a confined space
To Know More about Confined Space Audits - AS/NZS 2865 Please Click here