The OWLAN221a and OWLAN222a modules expand the connectBlue Wireless LAN range. Based on the latest IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n standards, the dual-band modules operate on both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz bands facilitating coexistence between wireless technologies.
The OWLAN221a and OWLAN222a modules are designed for use in tough applications and offer several unique features such as the ability to function faultlessly in industrial temperature ranges of -30 up to +85C. The modules also support 802.11n single stream which enables signal speeds of up to 65 Mbps and there is a choice of either an integrated antenna or dual external antennas. The modules can also operate in either infrastructure mode, ad-hoc mode or in mesh networking (802.11s).
Compatible with the existing connectBlue 802.11b/g as well Bluetooth and IEEE 802.15.4/ZigBee modules, the OWLAN221a and OWLAN222a modules also feature extremely low power consumption and full radio approvals with CE and FCC certificates.Key Features
- Supports 802.11a/b/g/n
- 802.11n single-stream
- 802.11n space time block code for extended range and throughput
- SPI Host interface
- Software driver available or adaptable for any device
- Radio type approved for Europe, US and Canada
- Compliant with EMC standards
- Industrial temperature range -30 to +85°C
- Low power requirements
- Supports security WEP64, WEP128, WPA,WPA2
- Quality of Service: 802.11e and WMM
- Ad-hoc and infrastructure mode
- Internal or dual external antennas
Engineering Samples are available. Please contact M2M Connectivity. For more information on the OWLAN221a click here.
For more information on the OWLAN222a click here