ContainerPac flexitanks can be installed by two people into a 20ft dry sea container (which must be rated to 30 tonne, be less than three years old and lined with corrugated cardboard), ContainerPac flexitanks enable the container to transport bulk liquids up to and including 24 tonne.
Advantages of ContainerPac Disposable & Reusable Flexitanks:
- Capacities in 1000 litre increments from 14,000 litres to 24,000 litres means a larges variety of liquids with various viscosities can be transported;
- Almost any configuration in both our 2” and 3” valves means the possibilities of ContainerPac flexitanks are limitless;
- A variety of bulkhead configurations are available to suit the liquid being shipped;
- ContainerPac flexitanks reduce costs by allowing more products to be shipped for less. Additionally, there are no return expenses, and a ContainerPac flexitank alleviates any cleaning of the container;
- As each bladder is installed NEW, cross contamination problems no longer exist, ensuring the integrity of your payload is upheld;
- Offers an excellent alternative for transportation to remote areas with reduced shipping costs;
- Minimal oxygen contact ensures the product oxidization is kept to a minimum – this is especially important with wines and oils;
- Each ContainerPac flexitanks bladder is individually pressure tested during manufacture and at the completion of each bladder. FTA employs a unique channel welding system which allows the quality of each weld to be inspected before the next is started, ensuring the highest standards of quality are met with each bladder;
- Higher payloads per container than more traditional means of liquid transport, including IBC’s and 44 gallon drums;
- Extensive immersion testing library means peace of mind with regards to sensitive liquids and the correct selection of material;
- Positioning of ContainerPac flexitanks is relatively inexpensive given over 95 ContainerPac flexitanks (without bulkheads) or some 50 ContainerPac flexitanks (with bulkheads) can be transported to site in a one 20 ft container;
- FTA is the only manufacturer of ContainerPac flexitanks within Australia, employing highest internal quality standards. This also means that smaller local clients looking to use ContainerPac flexitanks are not held to ordering full containers of stock, therefore improving cash flow and capital investments; and,
- FTA only use fabrics that have a proven track record in the bulk liquid transport industry where proven field use can be provided against laboratory tests and forecasts which may not give a true indication of the performance of the fabric in use.
The variety of liquids ContainerPac flexitanks can carry is only limited by rules governing bulk liquids stipulating hazardous liquids cannot be shipped in ContainerPac flexitanks. Given this ruling, the following liquids have been shipped around the world using our ContainerPac flexitanks:
For disposable applications, ContainerPac flexitanks are available to hold the following liquids:
- Natural & synthetic latex
- Various paints
- Calcium carbonate
- Red wine
- White wine
- Ethylene glycols
- Fruit juice concentrates
- Aqueous chemicals
- Certain fertilisers
- Various forms of biodiesel
- Base oils
- Edible oils
- Ink solvents
- Lubricating oils
- Water treatment chemicals
- Transmission fluids
- Transformer oils
- USP white oils
- Potable water
Please note this list is by no means complete, and we should be contacted if the liquid wanting to be shipped does not appear on this list. FTA MUST be contacted for ALL reusable applications before any approvals will be issued or ContainerPac flexitanks will be delivered.
All ContainerPac flexitanks are delivered in double cushion cartons for protection during transport, and are packed so they can be directly fitted inside the selected container without the need for repositioning etc.
All ContainerPac flexitanks from 14,000 – 24,000 litres can be delivered with the following standard fitting options:
- 2” (50mm) male camlock w/ ball valve & dust cap (one piece construction);
- 3” (75mm) male camlock w/ ball valve & dust cap (two piece construction);
- Top fill & decant;
- Top fill & bottom decant; and,
- Bottom fill & bottom decant.
All ContainerPac flexitanks are supplied with a centrally located pressure relief valve, meaning FTA's tanks will meet any OH&S standard around the world regarding the issue of having personnel in a confined space, especially once the ContainerPac flexitank is full and ready for shipment.