The Link-Belt C2000 ball bearing idler bridges the gap between the Link-Belt Series B2000 ball bearing and Series C3000 roller bearing idlers by addressing the needs of less demanding applications such as those of sand and gravel plants.
The C2000 belt conveyor idler is designed to handle a variety of light to medium-weight materials at medium capacities and belt speeds.
It offers a wide range of capabilities for users in Pulp and Paper, chemical, sand and gravel, food processing and environmental related industries.
Like the Link-Belt B2000 idler, the newly redesigned C2000 idler is radically different from competitive belt conveyor idlers because incorporates an interference fit pressed head design to maintain roll integrity.
This pressed head design uses a ductile iron cast head, which eliminates welding and any of its assocated problems (distortion, misalignment, weld quality, etc.) and delivers very low T.I.R. (Total Indicator Run Out) values as compared to welded roll designs.
The rugged ductile iron head casting is precision machined for accurate bearing/shaft alignment.
The bearings are placed closer to the support which results in a shorter moment arm, minimizing shaft slope and extending bearing life.
The C2000 utilizes a two-step system in preventing contaminants from entering the bearing cavity of the precision, 20mm deep groove ball bearing - 6304 series.
The first line of defence is a single lip, low friction nitrile wiping seal that is protected by the cast ductile iron head.
The second line of defence is the factory installed contact seal on the ball bearing. The factory lubricated sealed ball bearing eliminates any need for lubrication and its associated costs.
Series C2000 idlers are available with 127mm or 152mm diameter rolls featuring:
- “Sealed for Life” design
- Press-fit, rugged ductile iron cast & machined head
- Nitrile rubber shaft contact lip seal for maximum contaminant exclusion
- Can be ordered assembled or unassembled
- Exclusive Link-Belt polymeric coating on roll and frames provides superior corrosion protection
- 20mm 6304 Ball Bearing with seals on both side
- Exceeds CEMA C load ratings
- Meets CEMA C dimensional criteria
- Broached shaft to add frame stability
- Belt widths 600mm through 1200mm
- 20° and 35° troughed belt idlers
- 35° troughed training idlers
- Return belt and return training idlers
- Solid steel shaft
- Minimum roll gap to comply with R.M.A. specifications that increase belt life.
To Know More about Series C2000 CEMA C idlers Please click here