Used coolants are normally 97% water. If the water is removed, the amount requiring disposal would be reduced to a mere 3% of the original volume.
To achieve this goal, Dimac recommends a piece of equipment known as the ‘Water Eater’, made by EMC in Santa Fe Springs, CA, USA. The Water Eater is available in gas and electric heated models. Evaporation rates range from 15 to 208 litres per hour. An optional Auto Fill System automates the process and allows for 24 hour operation.
The Model 125E is an electrically heated waste water evaporator designed for the small to medium sized generator of wastewater. It comes in two models, the Model 125E Carbon Steel version and the Model 125E-SS 316L Stainless Steel version (tank, floor, lid, covers, and stack are 316L SS).
Typical applications include minimizing wastewater from machining operations, parts washing equipment, compressor condensate, mop water, die cast solutions, and many other water based waste streams. Installation is easy consisting of only an electrical hookup and a 10" diameter vent stack. The unit can be filled three different ways: (1) Using the supplied 2" coupling on the top of the unit; (2) Remove the lid and manually pour in fluid; or (3) Using the optional 70 GPM self priming fill pump. After an initial heat up time of approximately one hour, the Model 125E will evaporate from 10 to 14 gallons per hour of water. The Model 125E will automatically shut itself down via a low level control. A secondary high temperature shutoff is also provided. When a cycle is completed the waste material can either be drained via a 2" drain opening, vacuumed out of the unit through the removable lid, with a wet/dry vacuum or pump, or, if it is a solid material, scooped out.
- Heavy Duty 12 Gauge Tank, Covers, & Stack (Carbon or 316L Stainless Steel)
- 415V 3 Phase
- Automatic Shutoffs (Low Level Control & High Temperature Shutdown) for unattended operation
- Simple one button ON/OFF operation
- Removable Lid and obstruction free tank floor for fast and easy cleanout
- Fully Insulated Tank for maximum efficiency
- Variable weir oil skimmer standard on all units.
- Power exhaust allow venting to outdoors
- Quality polyurethane finish
- Tank Top at convenient 900mm height to facilitate cleanout
- Easily installed requiring only a vent stack and electrical hookup
- Industry Standardised Components.