NORD Drivesystems's permanently corrosion-resistant drives use a sealed surface conversion system.
Aluminum drives are thereby given a smooth, ultra-hard surface that is unaffected by blows or scratches.
Standard Test for Evaluating Degree of Blistering of Paints
- ASTM D714 Test for Evaluating Degree of Blistering of Paints
- ASTM D610-08 Test for Evaluating Degree of Blistering of Paints
- ASTM D1654-08 according to DIN EN ISO 2409
- ASTM D3170 Gravelometer test showed absolutely no loss of adhesion or chipping.
- ASTM B117-09 salt spray test according to DIN EN ISO 9227 produced no corrosion even after 2,000 hours.
Nord drives are tested and proven in applications with a maritime atmosphere.
Nord nsd tupH drives can be used much beyond the usual service life of paint-coated systems. Their resilience and prolonged service life significantly reduces the service and maintenance requirements placed on customers. In addition, the treatment ensures high process safety: since no coating is applied but the surface itself is hardened, there can be no pollution of products or process media as for instance with chipping paint. Even heavy impacts or scratches do not diminish the corrosion resistance. In contrast, scratches in paint or coatings can result in the damage spreading to adjoining areas, effectively rendering the protection useless.
nsd tupH is approved for food applications according to FDA Title 21 CFR 175.300. Thus treated systems resist cleaning agents in the pH2 to pH12 range. nsd tupH is available for all aluminum-enclosed drives – four gearbox families, smooth-surface motors, and distributed drive electronics units.