Mini Palletiser - small foot print and cost effective
Australis Engineering has designed its own proprietary brand of mini-linear palletisers (the MLP series). The MLPs are a cost effective solution to palletising many products without the high costs associated with repetitive manual handling by your staff.
The MLP Series of Mini Palletisers are a small footprint, cost-effective way to palletise cartons or bags and boost production output and efficiency. The MLP series can be easily integrated with new or existing conveyor systems, pallet handling systems and pallet wrappers to achieve an automated pallet handling solution.
Are High Labour Costs or Lost Time Injuries cancelling out your production efficiencies?
If your business has suffered the problem of Lost Time to Injuries (LTI's) from back and muscle strains caused by staff having to repetitively lift and palletise your product, then you will know that the cost to your business is not felt simply in wage costs for these staff, but in lost productivity, increased workers compensation premiums and the administration costs associated with managing LTIs and return to work plans. Overcome these problems by installing a mini palletiser — you might even increase productivity through the ability for continuous operation.
Four Models Available
The MLP series of mini palletisers are available in four models, meaning there will be an MLP that will suit most lower-volume palletising requirements.
- MLP-10 gantry style palletiser
- MLP-12 single pallet position
- MLP-12 double pallet position
- MLP-12 multi pallet positions
Designed for easy integration into existing production systems, the MLP's have many benefits including:
- Small footprint — MLP-10 - 2.1m x 2.5m; MLP-12 Single pallet only 2.4m x 2.5m and MLP-12 Double pallet only 4.2m x 2.5m
- Pre-programmed pallet patterns – accessible from a standard HMI touch screen
- Flexible and easy programming of box/ bag sizes and pallet patterns on the touch screen HMI - just type in box size, select pallet pattern and number of rows per pallet and press enter - simple
- Easily capable of palletising products up to 35kg in weight using standard vacuum, plate or bag gripper heads
- Single pallet models can palletise at a rate of 28 boxes per minute or 7 cycles per minute (depending on box size and pallet pattern)
- High quality drives ensure reliability
- Includes Cat 3 integrated safety system with interlocks & E-Stops
- Suites an automatic product infeed conveyor - belt conveyor or roller conveyor
- Extended infeed conveyors available to suit your requirements
- Modular and expandable — units can be combined for higher throughput speeds
- Option to integrate with a stretch-wrapper.
Models in the range:
- MLP-10 – single pallet, quad frame design. Steel construction for added strength and robustness. Can be upgraded to operate in freezer environments.
- MLP-12 – single pallet, cantilever arm design. Predominantly aluminium construction, lighter and more versatile.
- MLP-12 – double pallet, cantilever arm design. As for MLP-12 - single, but a double pallet produces higher palletising speeds.
- MLP-12 – multi+, cantilever arm design. As for MLP-12 - double but with three or more pallet positions which result in higher speeds and a great solution for production lines where multiple products go through your end of line system.
The MLP series presents a significant, potential cost saving to your business. Consider, if you currently deploy two staff to manually palletise your product - once wages and on-costs including workers compensation, payroll tax and LTIs are taken into consideration, a highly favourable return on investment could easily be achieved by installing an MLP on your production line.
Want to further automate your palletising cell?
Ask Australis about integrating a stretch-wrapper, pallet stacker, infeed conveyors, pallet conveyors or a range of other options to provide a fully integrated conveying, palletising and pallet handling solution. Australis offers a 1-stop shop to allow you to maximise the integration and hence the benefits of automating your pallet handling operations.
Australis distributes the Ear-Flap range of European made stretch-wrappers and can provide very competitive pricing for this option.
We can also design and supply an infeed conveyor system, cartoning equipment and pallet conveyors or other pallet handling equipment. Learn more about our other pallet handling solutions.